Thursday, December 30, 2010

Get Up and Work

This morning, as you know, I had to wake up at 2:30 a.m. to go to work. I only managed about an hour and a half of sleep, and when my alarm went off this morning, I was not amused. My hair was still wet from my evening shower, I felt like I had shut my eyes only moments before, and it was raining a cold, depressing December rain outside my window.

I lay in bed and pondered all of this for a few minutes, and then on a whim reached for the daily devotions book Dad got me for Christmas. The book is meant to be read every morning (in fact, it's titled "Starting Your Day Right"), but as I normally don't find time to read in the morning, I've been reading the entry for each day the night before. Last night, however, I had forgotten to do so.

Clumsily, then, I fumbled to the December 30th page, and what should the title of the entry be?

Get up and Work

And so I did.

No comments: