Thursday, May 26, 2011

Throwback Thursday

I suddenly thought that I’d like to run the rest of the way. It was a breezy night, not dark enough to be creepy, but dark enough to be powerful.

And then we were off running, me clutching my hood up around my face with both hands, Maddie holding her jacket closed against the wind.

As we ran I turned to her, because I couldn’t remember: “Hey Mad, did I start running, or did you?”

“You did, I think.”

“Did I? It’s funny, because the split second after I had the idea that I’d like to run, we were running, and I didn’t know who set us going.”

She laughed at me, and we continued on towards the Tweet Spot, laughing at ourselves for running towards 11 pm junk food, and at the prospect of being spotted from a dorm window, and at the largeness of the night, and how hilariously small we were within it.

No comments: