Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Need Some Sleep

So today is the big MOA trip that I've been planning forever with some college friends. I'm excited, yet I'm worried as well.
Hence the lack of sleep.
I woke up at about 7:00 this morning because I abruptly remembered that I forgot to get the keys to the car from my sister. I leapt out of bed just as she was getting into my neighbor's car to go to school. Despite my flinging opon of the front door and shouting, she didn't notice me.
I went back inside to find that Mom had left a spare pair of car keys at my place on the table, along with the GPS.
So that was taken care of.
I went back to bed, but have basically been tossing and turning for about an hour now.
Sometimes I wish I could just turn my brain off and not think for a few hours.
I also have a stuffed-up nose from lack of sleep.
I'm listening to the Eels (I Need Some Sleep). It's a good song, though it's one of those songs that you only listen to when you're doing the thing that the song is talking about (aka being up really late/early and can't get back to sleep).

I need some sleep
Time to put the old horse down
I'm in too deep
And the wheels keep spinning round

Everyone says I'm getting down too low
Everyone says: "You just gotta let it go"
"You just gotta let it go"
I just gotta let it go

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I know exactly how you feel about wanting to turn your brain off when trying to go to sleep. I'm tired all day, but the second my head hits the pillow, my brain goes psycho and starts thinking about the most random things in the world.