Sunday, April 11, 2010

I Want to Tell You

I want to tell you
My head is filled with things to say
Sometimes I wish I knew you well,
Then I could speak my mind and tell you
Maybe you'd understand

is the song I'm currently listening to.

What I'm thinking about, however, is how wonderful this weekend has been, and how my 19 year old self has temporarily disappeared. I've played on the playgrounds of Morris this weekend. I've walked the streets, laughing. I've played kick the can and freeze tag. I've fallen, getting grass stains all over the legs of my jeans. I've seen UFO's shoot across the sky, lit up like stars. I've gotten sweaty and dirty, and my hair has come loose from its ponytail. I've run, I've jumped, I've climbed, I've been outside morning to night. I've gone to bed exhausted. I've had the time of my life, in a few words.

Now I suppose I have to go back to the semi-seriousness of studying, and of being a mature college student.
Can't wait for next weekend, though.

No comments: