Saturday, June 12, 2010

Up in the Air

You know, I don't think I've ever before come across song lyrics that are so true to my position in life. Here they are. Enjoy:

Up In The Air (Kevin Renick)

I'm up in the air,
Choices drifting by me everywhere.
And I can't find the one
That would help me do the work I've left undone,
Cause I'm up in the air.

I'm making some plans,
Finding out there's always new demands.
And I can't be precise;
When people ask me what I'm doing with my life,
I say, It's up in the air.

I'm thinking of my past,
The comfort in my home that couldn't last.
Now my family tells me work for your success,
And they want to see me find some happiness.
But I'm not sure where that is,
Cause I'm up in the air.

I'm out in the woods;
Something here does my heart so good.
I breathe the air, and I know that I'm alive.
And I stare at all the birds as they fly by.
I guess it all comes down to them,
Cause they're up in the air.

-End Song-

I really am up in the air, aren't I? Well, that's fine with me for now. I just finished my freshman year of college. I think I can still afford to be floating about.

I worked for 7 hours and 15 minutes today. Please excuse me while I collapse on my bed with Fahrenheit 451 and a Peach Schnapps. (Just kidding about the schnapps.)

1 comment:

Kevin Renick said...

Holly...thank you for including my song in your blog. This song has traveled far and wide since I wrote it, and certainly has a life of its own. I'm flattered that it has resonated with you, and I want to wish you the best of luck in your writing and in your own travels through the landscape of human experience.
Kevin Renick