Sunday, November 16, 2008

In which a stranger named Kevin provides enlightenment

Last night was the University of Minnesota indoor marching band concert. It was amazing, of course. The band has such energy, and they just looked like they were having a blast doing Thriller, sword fighting, etc.
During intermission a group of us were standing in the aisle talking when all of the sudden this marching band member holding an alto sax comes up and starts talking to us. He said his name was Kevin, and he was asking us which grade we were all in. I said I was a senior, and he asked me where I was going to school next year. Now, up to that point I had not made an official decision about college. It was still completely up in the air. But I found my self answering "here (the U of M Twin Cities)." As soon as I said it, I kind of thought to myself, "wow. I think I really meant it."
So I don't know if I'll go to the U of M or not, but just saying it felt very right. I mean, I can picture myself on campus-studying in the library, riding my bike across the bridge, living in a dorm, etc. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

A few things you should know about me:
1. I am fairly pro at video games. I don't play them often, but when I do, watch out!
2. I know a lot about movies. Even if I haven't seen a particular movie, I can probably tell you who the starring actors are, what it's about, etc. When I'm in college, I plan on going to see practically EVERY good movie that comes out-just now I don't really have a chance to see many.
3. I'm a Ravenclaw (just took the quiz)

1 comment:

Amelia said...

That's great that you're considering the U of M!! The concert was amazing, the Kevin guy was really cool to come and talk to us. And yay for being a Ravenclaw!!! You're in the same house as Carmen!!!