Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Twilight gush sequence

I just saw the movie Twilight a few hours ago. I actually liked it. I decided beforehand that I was going to try to keep the movie and the book seperate in my head-because they really are two completely different things. This way, I can keep my gorgeous mental image of Edward, AND enjoy Robert Pattinson at the same time.
For those who think Twilight the movie is corny: agreed. But I think the actors who played Edward and Bella did a great job-it was just the script that was the problem. Better writing would make this movie a lot better. I'm definitely looking forward to New Moon. Here's hoping they get a new game plan.

THINGS HOLLY LIKED ABOUT TWILIGHT THE MOVIE:
1. Carlisle is smoking hot!!!
2. When Bella first walks into the classroom and Edward is plugging his nose (that was really funny).
3. When Jessica is talking about Edward, and he smiles a little, like he was reading her mind and laughing at what she said (that was a fun moment).
4. Charlie. He just does a good job.
5. Pretty much all of the Cullens, though I wish they had given the rest of the family more of a role, for example, they didn't talk about Jasper's power at all.

THINGS HOLLY DIDN'T LIKE
1. Jacob. Eeeeww-his hair is disgusting
2. The way Edward talks-I know that he's British, and is probably trying to get his American accent straight, but he talks really slowly. I don't know if he was trying to get the 'turn of the century Edward' voice right, but it was just strange.
3. Bella's clumsy moments were not very believable.
4. Mike-he bugged me. But I guess he's supposed to.
5. The whole Bella-in-her-underwear makeout scene. That was unnecessary. That part would have worked fine if she had had pants on. It just made Edward seem sort of pervy-he happened to stumble in the window on the very night she decided to lounge around without pants on.

But honestly, I think that it's worth seeing. If you want to insult it and say it's not true to the book, then fine. You're probably right. But it's still a good movie in its own way-I'll definitely be buying it when it comes out on DVD.

P.S. The soundtrack is pretty good, too.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

This is a very good write up on Twilight. I really enjoyed the movie too and some of the cheesy parts were just HILARIOUS!!! I'm looking forward to seeing it again!