Sunday, November 22, 2009

Don't Stop Believin'

This weekend has given me hope for the future. After a rather stressful week, I needed a relaxing, fun couple of days. And I certainly got them.

Friday:
1. Got told by a couple of guys that Jesus loves me. They weren't being sarcastic, either. That made me feel pretty darn good. Sometimes you just need someone to say it aloud to you.
2. Pizza Ranch for dinner. We just couldn't take one more food service meal. The mashed potatoes alone at P.R. may have made up for a week of bad cafeteria 'food.'
3. Went to see State Fair at Morris High School. It really wasn't very good, but certainly entertaining, and the kids had a lot of heart. Plus, it was nice to be back in a high school again.

Saturday:
1. Slept until 2:30 p.m.
2. Saw Post Comedy Theater, a one-man physical comedy act. Robert Post did a wonderful job and is very talented. However, I didn't laugh until I cried, which was a bit of a let-down.
3. Played Catch Phrase and Disney Seen It with Ben, Maddie, King, and Tim.

Sunday:
1. Woke up early and went to Church. It was nice to attend a Catholic Mass again; I've really missed it. Plus, the choir from UMM was there, so the music was absolutely beautiful.
2. Went to the UMM Concert Choir Concert. I'm so glad I went! I almost think that I would rather watch a choir perform than watch a band perform. Either way, they were amazing.
3. Dodgeball game at 8:15 tonight, and then who knows?

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Wow, you went to a lot of concerty things this weekend. It's good that you got a chance to relax. :)