Wednesday, February 17, 2010

25 Reasons to Read/Not Read This Blog

25 things I haven't mentioned
That I think may be important
Or not
Maybe just 25 blips
That's it
25 random pieces of my life
That I will not be putting together for you
Because you know what?
I hate puzzles.

1. I don't have the patience for puzzles.
2. I can't listen recordings of my own voice; I think it sounds absolutely awful. Sometimes, when I'm speaking to someone, I'll recall how I sound, and I'll just stop talking.
3. I've been saying "shit" a lot lately. Mostly when I'm playing ping pong, and mostly when my shots don't hit the table. Still, swearing is a bad habit that I don't want to get into.
4. I've always wanted to learn the piano, but never could since we don't have one. For some reason, I've always thought I would be good at the piano if I could only learn.
5. My dreams usually have water in them (and no, it's not because I don't go to the bathroom before bed).
6. Han Solo is my favorite Star Wars character.
7. You know how biting into a Popsicle makes some people shudder? Well for me it's biting into a cotton ball.
8. If I didn't want to write for a living, I'd be a film director.
9. I tend to laugh at inappropriate times.
10. Besides this blog, I have a thought book that I write in every single day.
11. Sweaters are my favorite article of clothing
12. I can't draw very well, and I can't sing very well. Both talents I would like to possess.
13. I wish I knew more about politics.
14. Whenever I finish a really good book, I always turn to the author bio in the back and thank him/her aloud for writing such a wonderful story.
15. I adore crossword puzzles.
16. My toes crack all of the time.
17. I read out of six different books every night before I go to sleep: History for Every Day, God's Devotional Book, Letters and Devotions from Pope John Paul II, The Bible, Kings and Queens of England, and the current novel I'm reading.
18. I have never seen an Indiana Jones or James Bond movie. I should perhaps think about remedying this...
19. Every week I make a "to do" list for myself, and every month I print out a calendar and write out my entire schedule. I'm not exactly an anal organizer, but I do like to keep track of my life.
20. I would like either 'Blackbird' or 'In My Life' played at my funeral. The Beatles versions, of course.
21. Coke is my pop of choice (yes, I say pop. Welcome to the Midwest, folks).
22. I'm not a huge fan of perfectly sunny days. Overcast, a little windy, and 50 degrees is perfect for me.
23. My dream car is a 1961 turquoise Chevy Impala.
24. I love public speaking, even though I suppose I don't strike people as a very assertive person.
25. I would love to live in an old house when I'm grown up.

2 comments:

Amelia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amelia said...

I LOVE reading these types of things about people. I think I'm going to address some of your numbers...
-I'm the exact same way with 2.
-I COMPLETELY agree with 6.
-I agree with 11 as well.
-As for 13, you can never seem to know enough, and for me... the more I learn about politics and the world, the more I realize that this world is a screwed up place.
-I'm totally going to start doing 14 now.
-16: Mine do too.