Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Mellow Post For a Mellow Day

It's been an extremely low key day, despite some confusion on my part (though that's certainly nothing new).
Classes were so-so, breaks between classes were 20 minutes of gathering books and trying to finish reading Pride and Prejudice, and conversations with friends were limited to texts (see only 20 minutes between classes).
Now I'm sitting in the Student Center tabling for Support the U Day. Tabling is exactly what it sounds like; you sit at a table decked out with bright posters and candy incentives and hassle passers-by until they either sign up for your event or run away. The latter seems to be popular today.

As for the confusion, hopefully that's over now. For some reason early February is really busy for me, and I've been trying to sort out my schedule all day. Here's what today and tomorrow are looking like so far:

Today (Tuesday)
8:00-1:40 Class
2:30-4:30 Tabling (current activity)
4:30-5:00 Jeopardy (I know, I know, but it's Jeopardy!)
5:00-5:30 Dinner at Food Service
5:30-6:30 Intramural Volleyball practice at the RFC
7:00-9:00 Homework time (if all goes well)
9:17-10:00 Community Council Meeting
10:00-12:00 More homework time!
12:00-12:30 Shower, get ready for bed
1:00 Go to sleep (goodness knows I need it)

Wednesday
10:30 Wake up, get dressed
11:35-12:00 Eat lunch
12:00-2:00 Do homework, finish article for U.R.
2:00-3:20 Class
3:30-4:30 Meeting with Prof. about the Essay Contest
4:30-5:00 Jeopardy!
6:00-7:00 Pizza party for Support the U Day
7:00-8:00 College Bowl meeting
8:00-9:00 RFC with Maddie, Ben, Tim, and Chris?
9:00-12:00 Shower/homework
12:00 Bed (gosh I hope so)

So there it is. Just two days, and as you may have noticed, they both are absolutely crammed packed. As you may have also noticed, there is hardly any time for homework, and there is absolutely zero free time (not counting Jeopardy). Why is this, you may ask? Because in college, or at least at UMM, free time is homework time. I don't think I've ever once sat down and thought, "There's absolutely no studying I can be doing right now." Now this doesn't mean that whenever I have a few free minutes I do homework (far from it), it just means that it's always hovering over my head (which is rather disconcerting, to say the least).

Okay, I should post this into the void and sign off now.
Please know that despite my schedule I'm still having the time of my life here on the frozen tundra of UMM. Cheers!

No comments: