Friday, September 26, 2008

My day in four scenes

It's funny, but I complain and complain all week about the vast amount of homework I have, and now that it's Friday night and I can relax, I feel the impulse to do something productive.

I've had an interesting day:

MY DAY IN FOUR SCENES

Scene one: in which I get an A+ on a Modern Literature test, and realize that I should have been marked down one. I tell the teacher. She smiles, faces the audience, and praises my honestly in a soliliquy. Her decision (now she is acting it out through modern dance,) is to let me keep my grade in exchange for my truthfulness. I bow to the audience, then use an aside to explain that I would rather have the grade I earned. Teacher challenges me to a duel. She uses a whiteboard marker, I, a pencil. The battle drags on, with no side showing weakness until teacher's marker flies out of her hand, drawing a red gash across my cheek. I stumble, wounded, and grudgingly accept my grade.

Scene two: In which master of English tells me the meaning of life. I wish I could share it with you, but you'll either need to figure it out yourself, or find your own shaman to enlighten you. How shall you grow otherwise?

Scene three: In which I almost fall asleep in math. Wise, but technologically incompetent leader notices without a word. I vow to sleep more at home.

Scene four: In which I help decorate the store in which I work for the great holiday of Halloween. Yet another epic battle ensues, this one with a ladder which stubbornly refuses to unfold. I find myself shielding the endless shelves of Precious Moments from its metallic wrath.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

This made me laugh, especially scene two. I hope the Precious Moments statues were okay. :)