Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The rain, my oldsmobile, and other things

Tonight was a lot of fun. It all started with me going to pick Ali up for marching band. Everything was going smoothly until my car died. At a stop sign. At the end of her street. I tried restarting it a few times, but nothing. In case you aren't aware, I drive an Oldsmobile. A 1988 Oldsmobile that is older than me and doesn't let me forget it. I called my mom, and was getting a bit panicky when all the sudden there was a huge roll of thunder, and it started downpouring.
I'll take it from here:
-I got the car started (I know you were worried)
-I drove to the high school (with a few kicks along the way)
-Halfway there, it started downpouring so hard I couldn't really see the road
-I pulled into the parking lot
-It started hailing (yes, Paul Douglas, marble-sized hail)
-My window started leaking as it tends to do when it rains. We're talking a huge gush of water onto my head.
-Ali and I looked at each other and quickly put on our raincoats
-1, 2, 3. The doors were open, and we bolted across the parking lot
-My hood promptly blew off
-We sat through a 2 hour MB rehearsal with wet hair and soaked jeans
-It was very worth it

Sorry if that mondo list bored/puzzled you, but frankly I do enough 'paragraph form' in school.

Other things you may like to know about me:
-I believe in the 5 second rule
-I procrastinate quite badly (what a coincidence! I'm doing it right now!)
-I want to be a journalist when I grow up

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Hi Holly! :D I'm so happy that you got a blog!! Now I know someone who blogs and don't feel as silly about it. I'm really glad that I went from musical to marching band so I didn't have to endure any of the rain... that sucks that your car died. -Amelia