Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We all want to change the world

I'm kind of in the mood to post, but I don't really have anything too interesting to say.

School was decent-the usual status. I woke up this morning when my alarm went off with the same "you've got to be kidding me" state of mind I always have.

1st hour: Math isn't really my favorite subject. I only manage to do well in it because I study VERY HARD for the tests. It's just not one of those things that comes easy for me. Anyway, we're doing probability, which I didn't get in 5th grade, and don't get now. What would make the class more fun would be if there was someone I could actually talk to. I'm kind of like a leper-I don't like/know anyone so I just kind of sit alone and silently do my work.

2nd hour: AP English, always a favorite. I didn't really like Mrs. Nelson last year, but she's growing on me. I think she's one of those people you just have to get in order to like. It's funny, because at the beginning of every class in English we ask for a mental snowday, and she always says no, but we always end up with one anyway because we don't really do a whole lot in the class. Most of it is individual work-reading and projects and things like that.

3rd hour: Band. Need I say more?

4th hour: War History-an extrememly enjoyable class. We watch a lot of movies, which is fun. Recently we saw Red Dawn, which a play on America's nuclear warfare fears during the Cold War. In the movie, Cuba, Nicaragua, and Russia have invaded America, and there's a group of teenagers called the Wolverines who rebel and begin sniping off enemy tanks and soldiers. It's really, really over-dramatic. As Mr. Deede put it, "It's so horrible, it's almost a great film."

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I know what you mean about the being a leper thing, but it's gym class for me. It's all fine when the whole class is together, but when we split into groups for units... that's when it gets lonely.