Saturday, January 24, 2009

Miss America

I just finished watching the 2009 Miss America competition. Honestly, I used to think that it was just a stupid pageant with a bunch of idiots prancing around, but now I think it's more than that. They are intelligent, ambitious women who want to make a difference in this country. Sure, they do that ridiculous wave and cry a bit too much, but it's worth it if it earns them a scholarship and a chance to be a role model for millions of girls.

Tomorrow I'm off to my old school (St. John's) to judge the middle school science fair. It should be fun. A bit weird to be back, but fun.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Miss America was on? I didn't even know about it! Who won? I always thought that they were brainless girls who smiled and waved and showed off their bodies too... I still do a little, but I haven't watched it in a long time. I probably will have a different outlook if I saw it again. I hope you had fun judging the science fair!! :)