Friday, January 16, 2009

It's not a snow day, it's a 'cold day'

This morning I woke up when my alarm went off at 6 a.m. Like usual, I rolled over and complained to myself about the early hour until about 6:08 when Amy came running into my room. "Holly! I think school's cancelled." That did it. I jumped out of bed (grabbing a blanket as I did so-mom turns the heat down to 58 at night) and ran to the living room. I had to watch Chisago Lakes Distric-Closed flash by three times before I believed it.

Frankly, I'm kind of upset school was cancelled. A lot of people had finals today, and it's sort of stupid that they had to miss them. Plus, the weather warmed up really quickly, and today ended up being a lot nicer than yesterday. Also I had a project for English due that I stayed up late working on. We were going to party!

Anyway, I ended up going back to bed and sleeping until 12:25. Not bad for a Friday. Then I went to the bank, picked up my senior pictures for the yearbook, and went to work.

I must say, it's very nice to not have to worry about homework or anything for the weekend, at least.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I was kind of disappointed about school being canceled too. (Not that I'm complaining, of course) It was a bum that pep band was canceled for the second week in a row, though.