Monday, January 12, 2009

Remus Field Malone

There is never a duel with the truth. The truth always wins, and we are not afraid of it. The truth is no coward. The truth does not need the law. The truth does not need the government. The truth does not need Mr. Bryan. We are ready to tell the truth as we understand it, and we do not fear all the truth that they can present as facts. We are ready. We feel we stand with progress. We feel we stand with science. We feel we stand with intelligence. We feel we stand with freedom in America. We are not afraid. Where is the fear? We meet it. Where is the fear? We defy it.


That was part of my Great Speech (by Dudley Field Malone). It honestly gives me chills. I'm so incredibly excited to be at a meet delivering these powerful words. There's nothing better, folks, really.

On another note: I think I'm in love with the Remus Lupins. Thanks, Amelia! I haven't listened to all the CD's yet (though I certainly plan to give them all a try), but I kept going back to the Remus Lupins. They're so amazing. The only, only complaint I have is that the lead singer (who has a great voice, don't get me wrong,) sounds the same in every song. It would be nice if he would do some harmony, or if someone else would sing a few.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Ohmygoodness, I'm in love with your speech!!! I can't wait to see you do it in practice!!
YAY FOR THE REMUS LUPINS!!! The lead singer is Alex Carpenter, he is so cool! Yeah, he does sound the same sort of in every song. I've heard live versions from concerts and he changes a lot. I think it's mainly a live thing, though.