Monday, April 27, 2009

The Meaning of Life is....

Just kidding. I have no idea yet. Well, perhaps an inkling...

HOLLY'S INKLINGS ABOUT THE MEANING OF LIFE (this list is quite spontaneous-enjoy):
1. Happiness (but only if you're happy doing nice things, like helping people or writing. If you're happy robbing banks, then maybe you should try for unhappiness.)

2. That early-morning-fresh-dewy-floral smell (go outside before seven and inhale. Then get back to me.)

3. People (people are wonderful. We're just amazing, amazing creatures. Sometimes I just look at big crowds and wish that I could know what each person's life is like, what they eat for breakfast in the morning, and what their ambitions are. It kills me that I can't know.)

4. Religion (no matter what yours is, everyone has to believe in something.)

5. Being yourself (nothing better, folks.)

6. Laughter (try it.)

7. Whatever you want. Just live.

That turned out a bit more preachy than I intended, but you get the idea. Sorry I haven't written in so long. It's been quite a big couple of weeks with state and the new term and other such momentous events.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel about looking at crowds of people and wanting to know about their lives. It's incredible!! (and I also love the morning fresh floral smell)