Monday, May 10, 2010

An Education

When I was younger and being particularly sassy or stubborn or (insert form of disobedience here), my mom would roll her eyes upwards and mutter imploringly, "God give me strength." It was only then that I paused in my naughtiness and took in the gravity of my actions; if Mom was praying, I must really be hurting her.

I've caught myself doing the same upward eye roll and soft plea lately, and I'm finding it quite helpful. It gives me a split second of perspective, and sometimes that's all I need to cool off and view the situation with new eyes.

Finals went fine. My Brit Lit one went particularly well, I think. We were given 4 passages, and we had to identify the period they were from, and analyze them based on the values of that period. Extra credit for correctly identifying the author/title of the passage. I am happy to report that I received all possible extra credit.

Crusades was trickier. I didn't study as hard for that final, although I did reread all 98 pages from the unit. I wasn't as familiar with the primary sources as I should have been, so my essay was lacking in that department. Oh, well. I learned so much in that class that I'm just going to be satisfied with that. Not that my overall grade will be low (a B+, I'm guessing), it just won't be the A I had hoped for.

You know what, though? I've worked hard this semester. Maybe not as hard as I possibly could have, but I haven't slacked off. I'm going to study for my Anthropology final and head home for a well-deserved summer break.

No comments: