Tuesday, May 4, 2010

In A Galaxy Far, Far Away

In honor of Star Wars Day (I know, I know, "May 4th be with you"), I've decided to write a post about my experience with Star Wars.
I first remember watching the old movies in my neighbor Donyal's basement with Donyal, my little sister Amy, and our other neighbors Alex and Emily. Donyal's brother was older than all of us, and he had all three Star Wars movies.
The basement was dim, and I remember getting scared when the sand people showed up.
My favorite movie was the one where Jabba had enslaved Leia and frozen Han Solo, and so Luke went to Jabba's lair to rescue them both. Forgive me, but I don't know the title of the particular movie of which I speak; I've always gotten them jumbled up.
My favorite character is hands down Han Solo. He's charming, sarcastic, good-looking, and NOT a jedi. The last point is important because I seem to value Star Wars characters who aren't blessed with the power of the force, and who don't carry lightsabers (note: for the longest time I thought they were actually called lightSAVERS).

Here ends my Star Wars saga (I know, I know, I'm hilarious). Not very long, you'll notice; I generally prefer historical fiction and fantasy over science fiction. I do, however, recognize the magic that is Star Wars, and value it as an important part of American pop culture.

Finished my paper by the way.

Peace.

No comments: