Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life

Christmas should be really, really fun this year. For one thing, we're actually staying home. Last year we were in Wisconsin, and the year before that we were in Florida. It will be lovely to wake up in my own bed on Christmas morning.

Other reasons why I'm excited:

1. I got my Mom a gorgeous yellow i-pod nano. She just lost her old i-pod, and I knew it was something she'd never buy herself. Anyway, today in Target we were waiting in the check-out line and just chatting, when she happened to mention that she was going to hopefully get an i-pod somewhere down the road. I (very subtly) asked her which color she'd want, and she said yellow!!! I had to try really, really hard to act natural and not burst out laughing. She's going to be so surprised!!!

2. We have a huge Christmas tree. It's about eleven feet tall, and actually scapes the ceiling. We had to stick the angel on a lower branch because there was no room for her on top.

3. My family's going to go see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button sometime over break.

4. We have heaps of snow.

5. Our Christmas picture is acually decent this year. It consists of Amy and I sitting on either side of Annie (the dog) in front of the Christmas tree. Annie looks fairly demonic (her eyes are yellow and her tongue is lolling out,) but my eyes are open (a first), so I'm not complaining.

6. Church. I hope we go on Christmas Eve, because I think it's just more magical. Everyone's still waiting for Chrismas, and the church is all dark and peaceful. I don't know why, but I always feel like chuch on Christmas day is sort of garish, with the blinding sunshine and kids eager to get back to their presents.

A few minute details about me you may have missed:
1. I have wide feet
2. My ears are pierced, but I never wear earrings.
3. I have a scar on my left hand from scraping it against my saxophone reed.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

That's so exciting about getting your mom an ipod! She's going to love it, I know she will! That's so thoughtful of you to pick up on the yellow thing too! :)
I love going to church on Christmas too. We usually go to the Christmas Eve service at my church as part of the tradition.