Sunday, December 7, 2008

A list before I come down off my cloud

4 Things I absolutely know to be true (or believe in, and won't be budged on):

1. The law banning gay marriage is completely unconstitutional, and I'm ashamed to live in a country where it exists.

2. I will never commit suicide-I just don't see the point, and frankly, it would be a sad day indeed if I ever got low enough to consider it.

3. There is no such thing as Hell. I don't care what anyone says. There is some good in every single person. Yes, even Hitler. I just don't believe God would damn His children, whom He loves, and whom He created.

4. There is no smell so wonderful as that early-morning floral, dewy smell that comes sometimes when it's warm out. I can't really describe it, but it's just heavenly.

I think I'll leave it here. I really don't know what's gotten me into this mood, but all of the sudden I feel like my life is too good, too big, for me to be sitting around not fighting for things I believe in, or at least to not enjoy the beautiful things I have.
This kind of feeling comes over me every now and then, and I feel like I'm destined for great things. I know that sounds kind of braggy, but I've never felt that I was going to lead a small, simple life. I'm going to do something great. Don't know what it is yet, but when I find it, I expect I'll know.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I feel like that sometimes too. I look out the window of my small little life and see everything that's wrong in the world and want desperately to do something, to change it... but what can I, a sixteen year old girl, do? How do I stop global warming? How do I end this pointless war in Iraq? How do I somehow save thousands of starving and homeless people in the depths of war hungry Africa? That's what always leaves me thinking.

I happen to disagree with you on number three. I believe that God made us all good, but because we are sinners, we cannot be one with Him. But, through the power of Jesus's sacrifice, we can have that relationship with God and once again be blameless and perfect. God loves us all, but if we do not see His love and accept it and fall prey to Satan's tricks and lies, then we are destined to eternity in Hell. But that's just how I see things. :)

Well... that was quite in depth, wasn't it? I'll stop going on now. :)