Saturday, August 21, 2010

Compass Optional

It is hot out. Hot as blazes, hot as Hades, hot as anything. Just plain broasting.
I'm currently sitting on my bed in my room in my dorm, moving my head every so often to catch every single bit of air my friend the fan is blowing my way.
Freshman Orientation starts tomorrow, and although Saturday is OGL free day, I still have a lot of work to do. I need to finish painting my signs, map out a tour route for myself (complete with talking prompts in case I forget things), plan/learn the games I'm going to play, hang up the posters in my room (in order to make room for my roommate to move in), and practice for the three Extravaganza skits I'm in.
On top of all that, people are slowly trickling into Spooner, lugging boxes and (sometimes) clinging to parents. I don't work very quickly when I'm constantly jumping up to say high to someone.
It's okay, though. Come Wednesday, I'll have done all I can to 'orient' my group of freshman, and I'll be heading off to class.

Speaking of class, I don't think I've told you which ones I'm taking this semester. Here they are:
Beginning German I
Understanding Writing
Survey of American Literature
Honors (small group discussion/large group lecture)
Icelandic Sagas (Honors)

No comments: