Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Buddy Holly

My day:

1. I wake up to the radio on my alarm clock. The DJ's were talking about today being the anniversary of Buddy Holly's death. Now, I like Buddy Holly's music, but I don't really know much about him. I was shocked to learn that he died in a plane crash at only 22 years old, after only about 2 years of making music publically. The song 'American Pie' is based off his life.

2. Since it's been cold, Amy's been going out to start the car so that it can warm up a little. We were both running late this morning, so she didn't get a chance to get the car going. It died at the end of our street. Mom had to come and help me get it started (I know absolutely nothing about cars, sadly). Thus, I missed the NHS meeting.

3. Band was pretty good. We were in the PAC, which is always fairly interesting. Mr. Anderson only had to stop and yell at the percussionists once, for a change.

4. Creative writing was fun. We explored the difference between 'effect' and 'affect.' We got to debate a lot.

5. Speech was amazing, as always. I could have played that statue game the entire time! Laabs and Charlie as Rose and Jack...what can be said? What really made me happy during the rounds was the fact that Josh Salaba had obviously been practicing his speech on his own. He improves every time I hear him, which is great. I wish everyone would put that kind of effort in.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Haha... Laabs and Charlie as Rose and Jack... that was sheer brilliance. :) I'm sorry that you missed your NHS meeting! That always sucks. I have never really listened to Buddy Holly before. I'm sure that Joe has some of his music floating around somewhere, but I did know that American Pie was based off his life. That song was probably all over the radios today.

Holly said...

You knew that too??? I've been completely alone in the dark, then.