Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We begin with a quote

"This is the forest primeval. The murmuring pines and the hemlocks, bearded with moss, and in garments green, indistinct in the twilight, stand like Druids of eld, with voices sad and prophetic, stand like harpers hoar, with beards that rest on their bosoms. Loud from its rocky caverns, the deep-voiced neighboring ocean speaks, and in accents disconsolate answers the wail of the forest."

That's a section of Longfellow's poem Evangeline. I'm not one for reading poetry, but I think this one is lovely.

Today was a fairly uneventful day. Not much to report school-wise. A few things happened at home, though:

1. I got my senior pictures
2. I made an amazing Knowledge Bowl playlist for the trip to North Branch on Saturday. For some reason, my computer refused to burn it onto a disc, but I can just play it right off my i-pod. It's a fairly eclectic mix, but all of the songs have something to do with Knowledge Bowl.
3. I tied a ribbon around a bag of wintergreen Lifesavers for Becca's birthday present. She really, really loves them.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Yay for senior pics!! I can't wait to see them!! :)
I also am excited to hear the playlist for the drive to KB tomorrow... yay!!