Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wina Winnebago

Oh goodness. This is about to be one of those posts where I begin typing with absolutely no idea as to what I should write about. Please keep the exasperated sighs down; I can hear them from here.

Today was pretty good. I worked from 9-3:30. The drive to F.L. was nice despite the early hour, because I like to just talk to myself in the car. No music, no nothing. Just me. I know it sounds really strange, but I find that when I think aloud to myself, I can properly sort out my thoughts. Orating is a good substitute for writing in that way.

Work itself was very nice, actually. For the first time, I felt like I was a real contributing member of the Target team. I was given quite a few independent tasks (i.e. organizing the freezers and putting up signs), so I got to work by myself and show everyone what I could do without help. Of course, there were a few moments when I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, and I had to remind myself that it's fairly pathetic to sit there and be ashamed of what you don't know. So I called for aid (using my nifty walkie talkie, I might add).

Now I'm home sitting on my bed in the dark. (This isn't supposed to be a morbid scene, actually; I prefer natural light over artificial.) I'm about to flop down and read "Heaven to Betsy" (by Maud Hart Lovelace). If you haven't read the Betsy-Tacy books you're seriously missing out. They're absolutely wonderful. In fact, they just about tie with Little House on the Prairie in my book (no pun intended).

That's all I have, I'm afraid. Not bad for a no topic post, though, eh?

No comments: