Thursday, October 23, 2008

A car crash, the Hyatt Motel, and Al Capone (sounds like Chicago!)

Highlights from The Great Chicago Adventure:
1. Getting to know people better. It always seems like on trips you either a)bond with people, or b)start hating them. I mainly bonded, thankfully. Not only did I have some good times with my roommates (Becca and her hour-long, smite-inducing prayer), but I got to hang out with some people that I didn't know super well before. I also got an amazing book list from Amelia-thanks, Amelia!

2. Seeing the sights. The lovely view from the Sears Tower (the fog was lovely), Navy Pier, The American Girl Place, etc.

3. Northwestern University. Nice people, high standards, amazing marching band. But I want to go to school in Minnesota. I love it here.

4. The Crash. Picture this: A taxi hits the side of our bus, we keep driving, make a u-turn at a red light in the middle of an intersection and go back, only to find that the other bus hit a fire hydrant, the taxi driver has severe whiplash and doesn't speak English, and a fire truck, an ambulance, and a cop car have arrived. It was pretty funny.

Lowlights:

1. Being tired all the time from getting back at midnight and waking up at six every morning.

2. The huge lines at Six Flags.

3. Having to speed-read Wuthering Heights on the train ride back.

So that's pretty much the trip in a nutshell. In case I failed to make it clear, I had an amazing time. I honestly don't think a trip to California could have been any more fun.

Something you may not know about me:
1. I should be typing my Voice of Democracy essay right now.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

You're welcome for the book list!! :) Chicago was amazing... I'm glad that we went there, although California would have been awesome too. I still have to type up my Chicago review on my blog... I don't know when I'll get to that... oh well... :D