Sunday, October 5, 2008

My abiding love for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

If you haven't seen Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, PLEASE go watch it! I realize that it's a western, and that some people have problems with westerns, but it's such a good movie. It combines four things I love very much:
1. Paul Newman
2. Robert Redford
3. Comedy
and
4. Strange, upbeat 60's music
It's especially relevent right now after the death of Paul Newman, who was such a great guy, and one of my favorite actors.

Holly's favorite actors (in no particular order):
1. Paul Newman
2. James McAvoy
3. Henry Fonda
4. Gregory Peck
5. Robert Redford
6. Heath Ledger
7. Can't think of any more, though I know I do have more favorites. That's the thing about lists-you have to make them gradually, or you won't remember things. Or maybe it's just my age catching up to me.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

I don't think I've ever seen that movie... but I love your list of favorite actors! I love James MacAvoy (if that's how you spell his name... not really sure...) and man... I don't care if Heath Ledger is dead, he is AMAZING!!! (in both acting and physical appearance) :)

Holly said...

whoops! nope it's actually McAvoy (just looked it up). I'm going to have to fix that...
Have you seen Atonement? James McAvoy is wonderful in that, and it really gave me a new respect for Keira Knightley. She's really very good despite her performances in the POTC.
I know! I adore Heath Ledger!