Friday, December 18, 2009

La Vie En Rose

It means "looking at the world through rose-colored glasses," or literally "life in pink." Isn't that a lovely concept? I'd like to live in a world like that, or at least walk through from time to time. Pink is not my favorite color, but I don't think I could ever be sad or mad or stressed in a rose-colored world.

The song 'La Vie En Rose' is originally French, however, I have an English translated version on my ipod; Louis Armstrong sings it well. I think the French version is much prettier, though. Somehow the English words are a let-down after the title.

I suppose I don't have anything to write about except this marvelous song...

I got an A in my College Writing class, which I'm quite ecstatic about. As for the rest of my grades, I don't know yet. I have a feeling I could have worked harder in a few of my classes; I think the fun and wonder of college got to me a bit. Next semester I'm going to work on getting my studying done earlier rather than procrastinating. I don't even think it's worth it anymore to have fun and then have to stay up until four a.m. to finish a paper.

The funny thing is that the fun I have is not partying or drinking; it's just talking and hanging out with my friends. Walking to the wind turbine, playing Apples to Apples, watching movies, having snowball fights, playing sardines in the Humanities Fine Arts Building. Innocent stuff, really, but distracting.

Alright well I think I'll go to bed and read. I'm working on getting through Gone With the Wind for the fourth time. It's always a bit of a struggle, just because it's such a dense book, but I get something different out of it every time I read it. We'll see what it is this time.

I'll just put my rose-colored glasses back on now. Goodnight dear bloggers.

No comments: