Monday, March 8, 2010

A Broken Fellowship

I'm going to nerd out on you for a few minutes. Forgive me, but I find that whenever a part in my life parallels that of a great work, I have to acknowledge the fact proudly. Or maybe it's more appropriate to say that the work parallels my life?

Anyway, here it is:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on when in your heart you begin to understand... there is no going back? There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep... that have taken hold."

A bit morbid for a blog entry, I suppose, though just morbid enough for a rainy Monday afternoon.
You see, certain things in my life are changing. They are definitely, steadily shifting, and they're beyond the point where I can do anything to stop them.
Friendships, alliances, people have changed. What I cared nothing for a week ago, I find I care a great deal for now.
I'm the one leaning over the precipice grasping for something that's long since fallen out of reach. I can see it down below; I can look back whenever I want to. But I'll never hold it again.
It makes me incredibly sad.
I don't think I'm brave enough to start over, dear bloggers. I don't think I'm inclined to, either.

Again, I apologize for being so cryptic in this entry. I don't like to write things that you can't understand easily, but I do like to write things that mean a great deal to me. I'm sorry that you got the worse end.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

LORD OF THE RINGS!!! (Just to go with your nerding people out theme...)
I understand how you feel, and it's okay to write cryptic posts. Actually, I love reading cryptic posts. You say how you feel without actually saying it, and I find it to be a fascinating glimpse into the private lives of others.