Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Nineteen-Year-Old Scared Witless By A Book

I just started reading Dracula. About an hour ago, honestly.
It's early evening. The sun is not even down yet.
And I'm scared! Page 42, and I'm scared!
Dracula was a random choice for me, as well; I just plucked it off my bookshelf from among dozens of other options. I finished a rather fluffy Judy Blume earlier today, and thought that I would alternate with something darker.
For those of you who know the story, I'm at the part where Jonathan Harker has just woken up after falling asleep in the room with the lady vampires.
I know the story myself, at least a little bit. I know that Dracula's a vampire. But as to the rest of it, the important, creepy details, I am at the mercy of this slight paperback from Half Price Books.
We'll see if Jonathan and I make it out alive.

No comments: