Sunday, March 28, 2010

Never Have I Ever

Forget that. Do you want to know what I have done?
As of a half-hour ago, I officially told a joke that was not in any way funny. A serious joke. One that hurt the feelings of a very dear friend of mine.
What to do?
Well, the right thing, I suppose. I ran after him and apologized.
Now I'm sitting in my dorm room, staring at a computer screen, typing a blog, and wondering why I don't think before I speak more often.

And why a joke that earns a few laughs is somehow worth a friendship to some people.

And how a game of Risk can turn personal more quickly than the dice can be rolled.

And finally how writing these black, stringy words into a blank box can send my thoughts across the world and into someone's living room, where you're sitting in the sunlight of a day I haven't seen yet.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I know exactly how you feel. This actually happened to me this week. It sucks. :(