Friday, March 19, 2010

Cheer Up, Sleepy Jean

Daydream Believer is my ballad of the day. Actually, I suppose it's the ballad of my life, in a way. The only thing that could possibly make that song better would be if Paul McCartney did a rendition of it...

Anyway, what have I been doing all day? Oh, reading mostly. Still engrossed in Dracula. How wonderful it is to really be able to submerge in a book without the constant nudge of schoolwork against my brain. Well, scratch that. I actually have a paper for Anthropology that I should be working on right now, but I've proven once again that I'm rather a successful procrastinator. Cape and tights always, always optional (depends on the weather).

Despite the vampire scare last night (see previous post), I think I fell asleep the minute I turned out my lamp; I didn't even wake up when the dog started barking madly at 6 a.m. because the smoke alarm was chirping. And I'm a light sleeper.

The point of this post, I've decided, besides updating you about the goings-on in my life, is to cheer you up a bit. The glorious few weeks of spring we had seem to have been eclipsed by today's cold, gloomy weather, and I'm afraid that everyone around here has been down about it. Don't worry, dear readers. Now that spring has tainted the air and reduced the ice to dirty slush, it cannot be surpressed for long.

Keep your chin up.

No comments: