Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Things That Make Me Smile Part 1

Earlier today, I watched Susan Boyle's "I Dreamed A Dream" performance for Britain's Got Talent.
I have to tell you, I was grinning hugely through the entire video. To see this dowdy, middle-aged woman come out and just blow everyone away with her gorgeous voice was simply amazing.
Things like that get me. I don't know, I suppose you could laugh at my sentimentality, but it's just the way I am. I love stories like that; stories that mean something, even if they don't happen to you or to anyone you know. It gives me faith in humanity.
Wow this is getting to be quite the cheese ball post. I'm not sure how to redeem myself at this point.
I don't suppose it would help to mention my current Peter, Paul and Mary phase? No? Okay then.

Well in that case, I think I'll just call it a night.

P.S. If you're really reading my blog carefully, you may have noticed that I edited this post from the original. Though I do love sarcasm, and employ it freely in real life, I thought it was too heavy for the blog world, or at least for this particular post. Cheers!

No comments: