Friday, March 26, 2010

The Silent, 1 A.M. Victory Dance

Truthfully, (warning: I will pointedly ignore my enticing post title for a few minutes. Bear with me.) I have stayed away from this blog for a few days on purpose; I felt like it was getting desperate. When I start posting bits of stories that I wrote when I was sixteen, things are getting desperate.

Like most things in life, blogs are better done when inspiration hits (in my opinion, at least).
If you'd prefer advice from a sage-like, well-seasoned author (and yes, I'm aware of the spice puns (and the double hyphen)), you can always go to Jack London, who said, "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

Unfortunately, club violence is banned in most states. Why oh why didn't I go to school out West???

As for the title:
I'm at home because I'm interviewing for a summer job tomorrow at 4 p.m. (everybody pray)
I decided about 15 minutes ago to check my email before hopping in the shower
There was an email
I clicked 'open'
I read it
I got into the Honors Program at Morris!!!!!!!

Pardon the ecstaticity, but I'm just so happy! I feel like this is another step towards my successful college experience. Getting into a prestigious academic program is a great big check off my list of goals.

As for the title:
Everyone's asleep here, so I had to scream silently, pump my fists in the air silently, run into the kitchen silently, hop the gate silently, smooch the dog on top of her head silently, come back here silently and blog silently.

That's a lot of silence for one piece of big, exciting news.

Now I think I'll take that shower after all. Goodnight sweet world.
Stay gold.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

That's so awesome, Holly!! I'm so happy for you!!! :D